"Sports build confidence, discipline & good habits. It transforms players into community leaders and teaches them how to strive for a goal, handle mistakes, and cherish growth opportunities".
- Julie Foudy (An Olympic gold medallist)
Sport is a panacea of life. Participating in sports can be quite beneficial for everyone, wheather be it a student or a corporate hotshot. We all know about the various physical benefits of playing sports such as weight management, increase bone strength, prevent cancer, improved stamina and more. However, the health benefits of sports don't end here but also associates with various mental and social phenomena. This article will discuss these benefits in detail:
1. Self-esteem: Various researches have suggested that playing sports can increase the self-confidence and self-esteem of an individual. Small gestures like high-five, handshake, little words of encouragement from the coach and teammates can raise the player's self-esteem. It is no brainer that self-esteem serves as a motivational function for a person. A person having high self-esteem and confidence is likely to make better decisions in life.
2. Discipline: Discipline is said to be a foundation of every sport. A player needs to be self-restraint in all areas of development, including mental, physical and tactical. It helps in building the character of a person towards their goals. Having a disciplined approach to a game can improve your chance of success. The same traits work with life, a disciplined lifestyle will help you to achieve your life goals and make better decisions.
3. Teamwork: It is said that- Talent may win games, but intelligence & teamwork wins championships. This attribute of sports helps the person to understand how they should approach others and work in coordination with them. The skills of teamwork really pays-off once a person set foot in the corporate environment. OzSportsMate helps you to inculcate this benefit by searching for sports mates near your location and build your own team.
4. Communication skills: The people who are engaged in team-sports have better communication skills when compare to other people from the non-sports background. Being in a sports team provides a structure and environment to learn convincing skills in communication. This skill can be quite beneficial in the future. Our website also has a section of discussion forums where you can ask and communicate your queries and discuss various sports-related topics.
5. Handle pressure and failure: Let project this through a legendary sportsman's experience. Michael Jordan once said "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed". Playing a sport teaches you to absorb the pressure and also accept the failure, which are both very important lessons in life. This learning can encourage you to live a stress-free life.
Sportsmanship brings out a positive and optimistic attitude in the people towards life.
Thus by making sports a way of life you can live a stress-free, successful and happy life. Register for FREE & start today with us.