The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations, providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. The organisation operates a number of services including child care, health and fitness, hospitality and a hotel, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
- Multiple opportunities across 3 YMCA locations (Mango Hill, Caloundra and Jamboree Heights)
- Would you like FREE admission to YMCA Yearly Gymnastics Congress?
- Would you like FREE admission to some of the Gymnastics QLD yearly Congress courses?
- Financial Support for upgrading Gymnastics Qualifications?
Come and join our fantastic teams at YMCA Gymnastics!
We are currently looking to expand our teams of Gymnastics Coaches. These are casual positions and there are multiple positions available depending on your qualifications and skill level.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
These positions are responsible for teaching gymnastics skills with the appropriate technique and in accordance with the YMCA’s mission, YMCA Gymnastics curriculum and the requirements of Gymnastics Australia. It is also responsible to keep the safety of children in the class.
You will receive training in YMCA gymnastics programs as part of your induction.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a fun and rewarding working environment. As a YMCA staff member you will have access to various benefits including free gym membership and our Benefits Program.
YMCA Gymnastics Coaches are truly passionate about gymnastics! It is therefore essential that you demonstrate this same passion, that you are a team player, and that you know how to develop a fun and engaging learning environment for participants.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Gymnastics coaching qualifications or working towards this;
- Current Technical Membership with Gymnastics Australia;
- Recent experience as a gymnastics coach is preferred but not essential,
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates and Blue Card or a willingness to obtain.
Interested? Apply now!
To find out more about the YMCA please visit our website www.ymcabrisbane.org
To apply, please email your resume, outlining your experience and qualifications against the selection criteria to Kate.Martynov@ymcabrisbane.org
Applications close by Friday, 10 January 2020
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.